IS OUR RESTAURANT RIGHT FOR YOUR FUTURE?
Step 1: Answer these 5 questions for the position(s) you are applying for.
- Can I fill reservation and walk-in requests quickly and reliably with a “yes, we can seat you”?
- Can I answer the phone in 2 rings, speak confidently and professionally and take clear notes?
- Can I sell banquets and events for large parties?
- Can I assess the aesthetics and ambiance of the FOH and make sure it is clean, picked up and items in place with music and lighting at appropriate levels throughout the day?
- Can I monitor and estimate table turn times accurately?
- Can I professionally display, open and pour a bottle of wine?
- Can I describe 100 food and beverage menu items from memory?
- Can I manage 6-8 tables (approx. 25 covers) at any given time?
- Can I promote, sell and upsell?
- Can I recognize what’s missing in a guest’s experience and quickly rectify the situation?
- Can I read non-verbal expressions and fill needs before they are verbally expressed, from the guest to the owner and everyone in between?
- Can I always find a job that needs to be done, in any area of the restaurant from corners to tables?
- Can I be a gopher and flex between multiple assignments and positions from seating guests to table recovery, food running and garnish prep?
- Can I safely carry wares in limited trips without breakage?
- Can I correctly reset a 4-top in 60 seconds?
- Can I follow standardized recipes and techniques as presented by the Executive Chef and produce consistent results?
- Can I prep and cook all hot and cold items presented on the menu?
- Can I pace and time service to the window quickly and accurately?
- Can I verbally communicate requests and callbacks with volume and clarity?
- Can I track all stock on hand throughout my shift, noting par levels and prepping and advising ‘almost out’ preventing an 86?
- Can I keep the dish room clean, floor to ceiling, meeting industry sanitation/safety standards.
- Can I tolerate extended exposure to hot water and commercial chemicals.
- Can I properly lift and stock heavy items up to 50 lbs without injury.
- Can I safely carry wares in limited trips without breakage.
- Can I monitor and identify wares misplaced in the garbage receptacles, preventing asset loss.
If you answered YES to ALL 5 questions, go to STEP 2